Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Issues

Damn, what a past couple of weeks. It has not been a good month for my vehicle situation. My truck wouldn't start and I thought it was my battery, so I replaced that...nope, starter. That took about 6-7 hours to replace...not fun. So, just when I'm thinking that my truck is finally back in great condition and I'm excited about driving in the snow...I drop my transmission. Not good at all. And I can't find a transmission anywhere...scrap yards, anything. The only option is to have it rehauled which, after it's all said and done...to get my truck back on the road, you're talking about $1000. The truck is barely worth more than that. So, I've decided to go car shopping and my vehicle of choice has been narrowed down to early 90's Chevy pickup. They're cheap; they'll run forever; and if/when they break, parts are cheap and easy to replace. I've found a couple nice ones. I've heard that I should look for a older civic or camry, but I agree with my brother...you just have no idea what you're getting when you get a small car that's that old. With a pickup, they're pretty much WYSIWYG. So, altho I'm not excited about spending the money, it is exciting to get a new vehicle...I'm just praying that whatever I get has no issues and will last me a long time...or at least until I can afford something newer.

As always, I'll post a new song or video that I've just discovered, or a song that I've just been listening to a lot lately. So, here's a song my brother told me about:

Ready To Roll by Jet Black Stare

No comments:

Post a Comment